Sunday, May 22, 2016

6mm ACW, a Confederate Corps

6mm ACW

6mm is something I avoided for quite some time. I thought painting such small miniatures would cause some serious eye problems. However when I saw few examples of 6mm on blogspot belonging to fellow wargamers I somehow changes my mind. So here we have it......an army pack with 6mm ACW minitures from Baccus. I have painted a Confederate army for the game Altar of Freedom. I want to thank fellow club member Mark for getting me started with this project. I also got some painting advice from Keith, another club member and experienced 6mm painter. The trick was to use a kind of conveyor belt technique to get it all painted in reasonable time.


The entire army

The army consist of 15 infantry brigades, 5 cavalry brigades and 5 artillery batteries.

General Braxton Bragg in mini size

Stonewall Jackson - a small man with a mission


more infantry



Dismounted Cavalry

Louisiana Tigers









10 comments:

  1. Thomas N is also into 6mm ACW, you should talk to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will......the more the merrier!

      Delete
    2. Almost finished my first force for SP2. We shall have to get together for a game at the club, gents.

      Delete
    3. We will run a trial game of Altar of Freedom sometimes around the first week of June

      Delete
  2. Lovely little confederate force ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking job there! At this size the overall effect is what really counts; good basing & flags make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve! I know that you 100%, but there is side of me that wants to detail even these. That is not really worth it, as you said it is the overall effect tha counts.

      Delete
  4. Great Job on these little guys! I have finished with the trees, rivers and I have added the labels the forces we need for 1st Mannassas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark! I look forward to our first game. Good job with trees!

      Delete